Crest Hut Butt Shop Online Diary Comics by Gerry Alanguilan (Started on May 7, 2007)

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Promoting the Strip

Since I'm dead set on doing this strip on a daily basis, I thought I'd might as well go ahead and start promoting it and getting it out there. There are many ways to do it, and I've done a few. I don't want to do it all at once and quickly because what I'm doing might be misconstrued as spam. And I can't have that.

I started talking about it at Warren Ellis' The Engine Forum, and I've done write ups about it (including sample strips) at my Deviant Art Account, as well as my main blog.

I've also registered the strip with OnlineComics.net, The Web Comics List, and BuzzComix.net.

And pretty soon, I'll be joining a Philippine online comics webring masterminded by Jonas Diego, which will help increase visibility, not only for my strip but for everyone else's.

Based on the stats, I know at least the strip is being read by at least 200 people everyday, and I think that's pretty cool. It also helps that my strip never leaves the "New Today" list at WebComicsNation because there's always a new strip.

I'm not in the position to give advice to anyone with regards to online comics since I'm only really getting my feet wet, but this early I can already tell that it's not enough to just do your strip and expect everyone to find it and read it. I'm learning that you really have to get out there and make people see your strip.

3 comments:

Jonas Diego said...

Right you are, Gerry. It's part and parcel of being a webcomicker. :)

Sorry to hear about Eugene, though. :(

Witch Girl Pilar said...

Wow. NOW you're making me want to make my own strip. XD I heard you can actually make money with digital comics. I dunno how, but I heard that when I heard about Cast.

Okay. Now I'll be thinking about my own strip, as soon as I finish my doujinshi. XD

As for your strip, aww... I do hope your dog is alright... :(

Mall said...

I love to read your crest hut butt shop everyday. Keep it up, kuya!

It makes me sad about your wonderful dog Eugene. Let us pray for him, kuya. I hope and pray that Eugene will be completely healed.